Exposing children to artistic endeavors has been shown to help their brains grow and leads them toward a cultured and well-rounded adulthood. Arts and crafts are also just plain fun and a great way for your kids to socialize.
These are small intimate classes with limited seating it is advised to reserve your space now to guarantee a seat. ALL CLASSES MUST BE PREPAID upon registration due to limited seating. Once you have register you will receive a confirmation of your payment.
ALL MATERIALS SUPPLIED. IT IS SUGGESTED EACH STUDENT BRING A SMOCK OR APRON TO EACH CLASS.
Classes are geared toward introducing students to the concepts and do not require current art skills or previous art education.
1. The Picasso in Me… Inspired by Picasso children’s watercolor painting Art class Ages 7-14: Cubism ~ Cost: $15.00 ~ July 25, 2012 ~ 6 – 7:30P
y Picasso), 1881-1973, Spanish painter, sculptor, graphic artist, and ceramicist who worked in France. After a discussion of Cubist style portraits by Pablo Picasso, students will have the opportunity to create their own self portraits. Students will learn to draw the features in the style of Picasso. After a discussion on color plans, they will be ready to paint with water colors and markers.
2. Discovering POP ART….. Ice Cream Pop Art Images Inspired by the art of Andy Warhol and the 1960’s art movement
Ages 4 – 9: Pop Art 1960’s Art Movement ~ Cost: $15.00 ~ August 1, 2012 6 – 7:30P
3. Amate Bark Paintings ~ Folk Arts of the Latin American Culture Ages 7-14
Latin American Art & Culture ~ Cost: $15.00 ~ August 8, 2012 ~ 6 – 7:30P
4. Navajo Sand Painting Ages 8-15:
Folk Art & Navajo Art Culture ~ Cost: $15.00 ~ August 15, 2012 ~ 6 – 7:30P
5. The History of Masking and Mask Making in Latin America Ages 7-15
Folk Art & Culture ~ Cost: $15.00 ~ August 22, 2012 ~ 6 – 7:30P